01 October 2008

A friend's close call

I’ve read so many news articles, accounts and blogs on the “Made in China with Melamine” case. I’ve even received a few emails detailing what other products out there are being checked for melamine contamination. I have to read labels of food products I regularly buy, just in case. But what about those using raw materials which could be contaminated? The labels do not inform us where the raw materials come from. What if? It gave me more shivers especially yesterday when a friend wrote in her Cogito ergo, scrap! blog about her experience when her kids had some stomach problems after eating some biscuits. It’s frightening that things could happen right there at our doorsteps. Just because some unscrupulous businesses are so greedy. They do not know the repercussions of their actions on the innocent. Let’s be vigilant and be aware of what we take in all the time.

3 comments:

Freethinker said...

Hi Ng Jigz,

Thank you for sharing my story. The girls are recovering now but we still want to find out what, exactly, was in the wafer. We still haven't got the results. I'll keep you updated!

Salamat gid!

Anonymous said...

I can only imagine what those poor parents are going through in China. My daughter just had a small stomach bug yesterday and it was scary, poisoning would be unbearable.

Carnation said...

it's scary not to know what's going to happen next ...