20 July 2007

When it Rains ...

Every time I hear the rain fall on the roof, I always remember Apo Hiking Society’s song about the rain. It starts with this line: “pumapatak na naman ang ulan sa bubong ng bahay …” I can just hear it, the pitter-patter of rain drops on the tin roof. I know the music and melody by heart but not the complete lyrics. When I read the lyrics now, I can say that it is truly a man’s song as it talks about drinking beer until morning, and then turning to coffee, and sleeping if there is nothing else to do. Also it tells about being restless and impatient because of the rain; they could not go out at all. So they’d better sleep. Hmmm … do women also do this? Are women also like this? Especially when it rains and we remain ‘cooped’ in the house? I think for me I love it when it rains and I really do not mind staying at home. Especially with a book to read, or a crossword puzzle to complete, or, if there’s no brownout, an internet connection so I can surf or chat! When I was small and still living in our province, Antique, my siblings and I would run out of the house and play in the rain! Also we would help our Dad to clear the gutter and water the plants that were not receiving the rain. It was fun then but I doubt now if I will enjoy it. Especially here on campus, people might think I’ve gone crazy! Although, sometimes, I would tell Kiko that it would be nice to just go out there but he thinks it’s not a good idea at all!

No comments: