04 September 2009

A Psalm for Busy People


The Lord is my Pacesetter,
I will not rush.
He makes me stop and rest for quiet intervals.
He provides me with images of stillness,
which restores my serenity.
He leads me in ways of efficiency,
through calmness of mind.
And His guidance is peace.
Even though I have a great many things
to accomplish each day,
I will not fret.

For His presence is here;
His timeliness,
His all importance
will keep me in balance.

He prepares refreshment and renewal for me
in the midst of activity.
By anointing my mind with His oil of tranquility,
my cup of joyous energy overflows.
Surely harmony and effectiveness shall be
the fruits of my hours,
For I shall walk in the pace of my Lord
forever.


(Easter Morning, Philippines)

1 comment:

Beth said...

I really enjoyed this Psalm. Thank you for posting it!