24 August 2011

Special day


August is a special month. My Dad’s birthday. On the 25th, he is supposed to turn 77. He passed away when he was nearly 75. It still tugs at our heartstrings to think that he is physically gone, and we no longer could hear his voice, no longer could we hug him, no longer could we go to him for advice, or to just share a story or two, or to discuss some issues for his opinion and sometimes, decision. Although we know he lives in each of our hearts. We can see him still in the influences he had with us in our lives. His memory lives on, and we remember him always, we think of him always. 

Last week I came across a status message in Facebook which touched me so much … so appropriate at this time during his birthday month. Each time I read it the tears start to come … I am sure you will be touched too!

If roses grow in heaven, Lord, then pick a bunch for me. 
Place them in my Daddy's arms and tell him they're from me. 
Tell him that I love and miss him and when he turns to smile, 
place a kiss upon his cheek and hold him for a while.


No comments: